Monday, January 4, 2010


My Daddy.... the best artist that I have ever known.... I watched him perfect a portrait of my mother as I was growing up.... changing his pencil marks so many times over the years.... I watched him piece together wall paper because somehow there was never quite enough and he had to cut and paste little bits at the end... I watched him look at wood and see pictures... look at the clouds and see images.... and, of course.... sew sew sew... a master tailor trained in his homeland of Denmark...... following in his own father's footsteps.... my Dad... he died yesterday.... about a month short of turning 95 years old. Pictured here with his real works of art... his daughters.... me, Sandra, Sharon, and Cheryl.... not pictured are his sons, Mick, and Bent (deceased). My mom, Neletia, is his beautiful wife. We all miss him so much.......

No comments:

Post a Comment