Saturday, March 2, 2013

It is HEAVILY raining here in the Pacific Northwest... we never see rain this heavy... I had an interesting time yesterday going to the Women's Show... I love the PNE... so many fabulous memories there... so very many years of attending... and yesterday I got lost inside the gates of the PNE on my way to set up for the show... and... it was truly magical... pouring rain and I was driving through the whole PNE.... the places we have walked and played... always so full when I am there that you cannot move... how eery to be driving through with everything closed.. boarded up for the season and no one there... ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONALLY FABULOUS!!! When I got to my building I asked an employee where I pay and he laughed and said... 'lady, I don't know how the heck you got in here but if you didn't pay at the gate then you park for free today"... heh another bonus... and when I parked and was unpacking, another woman my age was sobbing... she said she got lost and was driving through the PNE and was so upset that she was lost... interesting, isn't it... an adventure of joy or a piece of misery in your life... reminds me again and again.. this life is a choice... what do you choose... I suggest a little ray of sunshine... :)
A friend thought she took the same drive that I did... but... probably not... and so I wrote... Oh... REALLY... did you really and truly drive as I did... the crazy woman I am... and go around little gates partially open and drive along the MIDWAY... ha ha... past the entertainment and fast food booths that usually thrive with activity and big stuffed animal wins... ha ha, girl... I didn't think ANYONE would have taken the same outrageous drive that I did... most places I didn't even think I could walk through let alone drive through... it was simply AMAZING!!!! Magical, actually in the pouring rain and totally totally empty...

No comments:

Post a Comment